The BCS Transportation Department is making changes to the dismissal procedure at Bardstown Middle School and Bardstown High School. These changes are being made to secure a safer and more systematic routine at the end of our school day at 3:25 PM.
The new procedure listed below will go into effect on Tuesday, September 7th.
- The parking lots in front of Bardstown Middle School and to the right of Bardstown High School will be closed to all incoming traffic from 3:00 p.m. until 3:45 p.m.
- Any vehicle wishing to exit this area between 3:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.will have only one point of exit (and using one lane only) which is nearest to Templin Avenue as buses will be double-parked to exit campus on the main Bardstown Middle School entranceway, thus blocking all access to the main Bardstown Middle School entrance.
- Any non-student car in the parking lot at 3:00 p.m. will be required to exit OR park in a properly marked parking space.
- All afternoon buses will enter and exit through this parking lot between the times of 3:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Cars arriving to pick up Bardstown Middle School and Bardstown High School students will access campus parking using Tiger Alley located between the high school gym and the Bardstown City Schools Board of Education.
- Bardstown Middle School and Bardstown High School Students who continue to wait for a ride beyond 3:35 p.m. will be required to wait in a designated location on the porch of the Bardstown High School gym nearest Tiger Alley, where they can easily recognize their ride as it enters the parking lot.
We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation as we work to resolve traffic problems for our secondary schools at Bardstown City Schools.